| 10 commandments of Ageing
- Focus on enjoying people, not on indulging in or accumulating material things.
- Plan to spend whatever you have saved. You deserve to enjoy it and in the few healthy years you have let. Travel if you can afford it. Don’t leave anything for your children or loved ones to quarrel about. By leaving anything, you might even cause more trouble when you are gone.
- Live in the here and now, not in the yesterdays and tomorrows. It is only today that you can handle. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never happen.
- Enjoy your grandchildren but remember that you have no moral obligation to take care of them. Let your children raise their own children.
- Accept physical weakness, sickness and other physical pains. It is a part of the ageing process. Enjoy whatever your health can allow.
- Enjoy what you are and what you have right now. Stop working hard for what you do not have. If you do not have them by now, it is probably too late.
- Just enjoy your life with your spouse, children, grandchildren and friends. People who truly love you, love you for yourself, not for what you have. Anyone who loves you for what you have will just give you misery.
- Forgive and accept forgiveness. Forgive yourself and others. Enjoy peace of mind and peace of soul.
- Befriend Death. It is a natural part of the life cycle. Do not be afraid of it. Death is the beginning of a new and better life. So prepare yourself not for Death but a new life with the Almighty.
- Be at peace with your Creator. He is all you have after you leave this life.
God our Father
Walk through my house
Take away all my worries and illnesses
In Jesus’ name.